Job Title: Operations Research Analyst
Location: Burbank, CA
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Education: Master’s Degree
Maintco Corp., a full-service general contractor, located in Burbank, California, has an opening for an Operations Research Analyst.
The duties include: responsible for utilizing tools, techniques, and technology to improve our business processes. This increase in performance and decrease in process variation will lead to defect reductions and improvement in our company’s profits, employee morale, and quality of products and services. To accomplish this, the operations research analyst will:
- Define Maintco’s current operational systems including but not limited to its retail construction, equipment installations, services, management, maintenance, accounting and labor systems.
- Collaborate with management and other key personnel to determine project requirements and goals.
- Measure these operating systems, product/service capabilities, production process capability, and measure risks.
- Analyze the data to investigate and verify cause-and-effect relationships.
- Determine what the relationships are, and attempt to ensure that all factors have been considered.
- Seek out the root cause of the defect under investigation.
- Improve or optimize the current processes in the company’s various departments based upon data analysis using qualitative and quantitative techniques of mathematical and statistical modeling such as statistical process control, control charts, failure mode and effects analysis and process mapping to create a new, future state process.
- Set up pilot runs to establish process capability.
- Control the future state process to ensure that any deviations from the target are corrected before they result in defects.
- Implement control systems such as statistical process control, production boards, visual workplaces, and continuously monitor the process. This process is repeated until the desired quality level is obtained.
- Prepare management reports defining and evaluating problems and recommending solutions.
Requirements: Master’s degree in Engineering Management or Operations Research.
Qualified Candidates should mail their resume to:
20 W. Burbank Blvd.
Burbank, CA 91502